Ref. No: #21222-SOL01
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Assistant Professor in School of Law
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the Faculty development, including teaching, research, community service and other assigned work. Successful candidates will be responsible in the duties including: (i) developing and teaching courses in our dynamic graduate programs; (ii) supervision and coordination of student’s thesis and dissertations; and (iii) engaging actively in research and academic activities; (iv) involving in community services.
- Candidates should possess a PhD degree in Constitutional, Basic, Administrative Law.
- Evidence of good teaching performance;
- Professional expertise in Mainland China and Macau Law;
- Priority considerations will be given to candidates with working experience in higher education and related professional areas;
- Excellent command of English and Chinese with the ability to communicate effectively;
- Excellent commitment to the teamwork of the Faculty and University;
- Preference will be given to Macau residents under the same condition.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are completive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit https://cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply via the link https://career.cityu.edu.mo/Job/Login. The above position will remain open until filled.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in August 2022
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**